Program on the Environment’s Advisory Board provides non-binding strategic advice to the Director. The informal nature of our advisory board provides great flexibility in support of the Program on the Environment. The board offers assistance with a wide range of tasks including community building and marketing.
Board membership reflects the composition of the University of Washington and our geographic region. The role of the Advisory Board is to bring faculty, students, alumni and other partners together to assist the Environmental Studies program in delivering effective community programming and education.
The functions of the Advisory Board are to:
- Serve as the forum in which the Director obtains advice on program decisions
- Serve as representatives of Program on the Environment in their home units/communities
- Participate actively in networking – both bringing additional faculty into Program on the Environment, and finding opportunities to work with faculty from other units
- Provide unbiased insights and ideas from a third point-of-view (not involved in the operation of the business)
- Encourage and support the exploration of new ideas
- Provide social networking
- Encourage the development of a governance framework that will enable sustainable growth of Program on the Environment