What kind of work are Alumni doing?
Graduates are prepared for environmental careers in government, non-profits, business, education and consulting. They are involved in communicating about environmental policies, educating youth about the environment, consulting with firms about energy efficiency and sustainability, and more. We encourage our students to think about how a foundation in Environmental Studies might prepare them to achieve their goals.
A few examples of alumni careers include:
- Community Outreach and Education Coordinator, FutureWise
- Project Manager, Northwest SEED
- Green Laboratory Consultant, UW Office of Stewardship and Sustainability
- Resource Conservation Specialist, Seattle Public Schools
- Carbon Coach, Seattle Climate Action Now
- GIS Specialist, United States Department of Agriculture
- Marketing Manager, Retrace Corporation
- Stewardship Coordinator, Puget Soundkeeper Alliance
- Associate, Ross Strategic, Inc.
- Founder, Metamorphic Gear
- Project Coordinator, EnviroIssues
- Director of Operations, Carbon Washington
- Partnership Associate, 3Degrees Group, Inc.
- Senior Associate, Cascadia Consulting Group
- Project Manager, Green Business Program, City of Seattle
- Manager of Project Development, OneEnergy Renewables
Alumni Career Profiles
- Elizabeth Szorad, Waste Zero Specialist, Recology
Cleaning up WA through waste education and outreach
- Emily Noyd, wilderness ranger, National Park Service
A backcountry ranger shares her passion for the wilderness
- Carter Case, lead restoration technician, Garden Cycles
Restoring WA’s urban environment, one green space at a time
- Anna Mines, co-founder of social enterprise PYMWYMI
Alumna Anna Mines co-founds responsible tourism business to support Southern Italian communities