A major in Environmental Studies allows you the flexibility to pursue your academic interests. We understand it can be challenging to navigate the options available and we are here to support you.
We encourage you to contact the adviser, Ana Wieman, in person, by email or phone to map out a plan of study that aligns with your academic and professional goals.
Spring quarter drop-in hours for Environmental Studies, located in Wallace Hall
“If I’m in the office, I’m happy to see students. Drop in hours are the best time to find me available, but please keep in mind that sometimes it’s necessary to cancel drop in hours without prior notification. I encourage students to send their questions by email as well.” – Ana.
If you can’t make it during drop in hours, please send your question by email and if a special appointment is warranted Ana will set that up with you.
To schedule an in-person advising appointment or when emailing, please:
- Contact Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. Make sure to provide:
- your name
- student ID#
- times you are available, and
- the purpose of your appointment or the questions you need answered (if emailing)
- Allow at least 24 business hours for an email response.
Whether you are a prospective student curious about Environmental Studies, or a current student with questions about how to make the most of your major or minor, we can assist you. Specifically, reach out to the adviser to:
- Discuss your interest in and declare the Environmental Studies major
- Map out a course plan to meet your academic goals and timeline
- Explore opportunities for internships, study abroad and student leadership opportunities
- Understand your graduation requirements and ensure you are meeting all the criteria
- Identify resources to help resolve academic or other challenges that are affecting your studies