What is Environmental Studies?
Environmental Studies at the Program on the Environment combines natural sciences, social sciences and humanities to provide students with a deep understanding of how humans interact with and influence the environment. Students learn to think critically, conduct research, apply sustainability frameworks, and communicate to diverse audiences.
Why Environmental Studies?
- Join an inclusive community within a large university and receive personal attention
- Connect with enthusiastic faculty who inspire learning and collaboration
- Enjoy the flexibility of our open, customizable major
- Tackle complex environmental challenges and make a difference
- Focus your studies in Climate, Conservation, Environmental Education and Communication, Environmental Policy, Food Studies or Sustainability
- Plan and prepare for career success through Capstone internships, career skills workshops and the support of committed advisers
- Gain effective communication skills to reach diverse audiences and influence policy and behavior
If you want to be at the front lines of leading society towards a more sustainable future, an Environmental Studies degree may be the right choice for you.