What is Environmental Studies?
Environmental Studies at the Program on the Environment combines natural sciences, social sciences and humanities to provide students with a deep understanding of how humans interact with and influence the environment. Students learn to think critically, conduct research, apply sustainability frameworks, and communicate to diverse audiences.
Why Environmental Studies?
- Join an inclusive community within a large university and receive personal attention
- Connect with enthusiastic faculty who inspire learning and collaboration
- Enjoy the flexibility of our open, customizable major
- Tackle complex environmental challenges and make a difference
- Focus your studies in Climate, Conservation, Environmental Education and Communication, Environmental Policy, Food Studies or Sustainability
- Plan and prepare for career success through Capstone internships, career skills workshops and the support of committed advisers
- Gain effective communication skills to reach diverse audiences and influence policy and behavior
If you want to be at the front lines of leading society towards a more sustainable future, an Environmental Studies degree may be the right choice for you.
Learn more and see what can you do with this major, including taking the courses we offer.