At the Program on the Environment, we cherish diverse perspectives and welcome students from around the globe, from all backgrounds. We are proud of our community of students, alumni, faculty and staff, many of whom have joined us from another country, another state, a community or liberal arts college, or even right down the road.
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse student body, faculty and staff. We strive to have thoughtful dialogues that challenge, teach and bridge differences, in the classroom and in conversation with one another.
As a program invested in how human interactions influence the environment, we are aware of how important it is to insist on including all voices, so that an array of shared experiences, expertise, perspectives and ideas can be brought together to create resilient and equitable solutions that protect the health of people and the planet.
Explore the College of the Environment’s diversity efforts and the UW’s ongoing work on diversity, equity, inclusion and access.
UW’s Race and Equity Initiative
The University’s Race and Equity Initiative charges everyone at the University to commit to acknowledging their own biases and to work actively to create an inclusive campus culture and environment.
Below are a few resources pertaining to the advancement of this initiative; they provide further information and ways to contribute to a safer, more welcoming campus.
- Diversity Blueprint – UW’s guide for becoming an inclusive and equitable environment
- Bias Reporting Tool – UW’s bias incident report form
- Implicit Association Test – An online test to identify implicit biases
Additional diversity resources on campus
- College of the Environment Diversity Resources
- Office of Minority Affairs and Diversity
- Early Identification Program – for UW undergrads considering graduate education
- Samuel E. Kelly Ethnic Cultural Center
- Q Center
- Leadership Without Borders
- Disability Resources for Students
- Intellectual House
- The Center for Communication, Difference and Equity
- FIUTS (Foundation for International Understanding Through Students)
- Seattle MESA